Friday 15 February 2013

Response to afcallaghan

Response to afcallaghan's Podcast

As much as I would like to agree with you and spend the money to purchase music I have to say that I don't.  Maybe it is because I grew up downloading music off the internet on sites like Kaza since I was 11 years old that makes the difference.  I found that when I did purchase full albums at stores like HMV I would not even care to listen to full albums only the songs I like.  I understand that iTunes allows you to buy singular songs but as a student I honestly cannot afford to buy every single song.  Why is it that we are able to listen to music for free on the radio but it becomes a crime once we download them off the internet?  We are now so used to downloading that we even use the internet to watch movies now, causing retail chains like Blockbuster to be closed down.  We are moving into an age where copyright laws are harder to keep track of because of the immense data on the Internet that are copied.  Music started out as an art but as soon as we were able to commodify it, we did.  I understand paying to go see a concert because their is the experience of seeing them live, but in this day and age I really don't think we should need to pay for music when it is so easy not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment